Bogus charges from Frontier Communications
I signed up Aug 3 for basic cable for 3 TVs with one expansion level of channels (no movies), internet and landline phone - a triple play. The advertised price on their site for Texas is $79.99. My first bill for Aug and Sept services was $675.
Let's start with installation. It took Frontier 4 visits to my home by 4 different technicians to get all of my services running. The original installation tech was only able to get 2 out of 3 TVs working, telling me the issue must be "inside my walls". I researched various methods to get the 3rd TV (in my living room) to work... A newish Sony smart TV, and eventually concluded the issue had to be Frontier. Called customer service multiple times, a min of one hour/call, where it was given all kinds of excuses for why the 3rd TV wouldn't work. The prevailing opinion from Frontier was that it was a TV issue and I needed to contact the manufacturer. Never mind that the TV worked just fine with my previous provider, AT&T. I insisted they send a tech out to take another luck. Sure enough, tech 2 was able to get it working, discovering an error by tech 1. This resulted in $271 in technician charges to my bill....despite the fact that the error was on the part of Frontier. I have contacted Frontier countless times via phone, chat and email. I eventually was able to get $79.99 in charges reversed, but still waiting for $191 in credits 60 days later. And now their collections dept is calling me... Because I refuse to pay their bogus charges.
Next - the monthly service charges. The advertised price was $79.99. I have 3 TVs, so add $19.99 --- roughly $100/month plus taxes and fees. Their billing adds up to over $170 in monthly charges plus. As with the bogus technician charges, I've tried multple times to have these charges reviewed... In vain. Talk about bait and switch!
Post install issues: after the techs got my TVs working I had to have a 3rd tech come out and get the landline working. I only added this service because it was part of the triple play price. They should have tested it using their equipment (I didn't have a phone for a few weeks since I didn't necessarily need this service)... When I tried to use, no dial tone. Again, more calls to Frontier with several different tech support people attempting to get it it working remotely. Ultimately another tech came out and fixed it. Another gap from initial install. Then, the new fall TV shows began and I attempted to use DVR and On Demand. Nope...didn't work. TV screen messages said to contact my cable provider to subscribe to this service, despite being billed for it since install date. Again, they were unable to repair remotely, had to send out a 4th tech. Another issue from initial install. And... forget getting them to show you how to use your remote control. These are all former Verizon techs who still are unsure of the Frontier remote control usage.
Customer service - all of the employees with Frontier have been courteous, and some actually tried to help. Several promised credits, submitting them line by line. However, I've learned that the front line agents are not empowered to process the credits they promise. They submit the request internally (even they can't tell you where the requests go) where the credits are denied by a person I've never spoken to, who doesn't understand what happened. It is impossible to speak to anyone other than front line agents. I have contacted Frontier several times via email and all they do is tell me i have to contact them via phone or chat. They refuse to have anyone contact me, I have to call them, and I'm limited to dealing with an unempowered front line.
I feel like I'm going in circles. Every time I speak to an agent via phone or chat, I have to start all over again. Most agents don't document our discussion. In the meantime, I now have a huge bill staring me in the face full of bogus charges and a company that clearly doesn't value my business. I am switching to TWC, but need to get this billing issue resolved so that it doesn't continue to haunt me.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of commitment to customer
- Not keeping their word to a customer
- Un-empowered front line
- Inferior installations
You May Also Like
- "Had verizon for years and had great service and now with frontier the feed has been the worse service i have ever had. ..."
- "Frontier Communications has to be the worst Internet provider there is. For the past 2 years now we have put up with either no Internet service at all for up..."
- "After moving to Northern California, we agreed to a two-year promotional price of $29.99/mo (regular price is $34.99) for Simply Broadband Max "high-speed" internet service with Frontier September 2014. Throughout..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "I went to sunoco on sheridan dr and military rd as usually do 2 minutes from my house ,to get breakfast coffe etc i had my 2 yr old with..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- " ANOTHER ATTEMPT TO TRY TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER I see that you are now using a stall tactic to try and get the temporary title Since you opted not to respond..."
- "In March of 2015, The Apartment Movers completed a one-bedroom apartment move for me in the Dallas area. They arrived about 3:30 even though I was scheduled for a morning..."
- "Bought some glasses "Two Pairs" and within a little over a year both lenses started to crack! noticed it on one pair, so when I switched over and started to..."