State: California City: Mountain View Product: Frontier Communications Digital Phone Service Clear all filters (1 of 10 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

My Experience With Frontier Communications

I was so excited to order Frontier Phone/DSL when it was offered in my area on April 1st, 2016. I already had a Verizon box and phone jacks in my house, so I expected smooth sailing. I ordered the above through a customer rep (quoted me $30 Phone/$30 DSL) and was told a technician would be contacting me in several days. Waiting anxiously for a call, it would be another 10 days before another customer rep informed me that my area did not support DSL. Unhappily I stated I still wanted the phone service. Another week went by before a tech came over to repair a technical glitch "on their end." Finally I had phone service, but no internet service so I signed up for AOL dialup to pay my bills. Slow as molasses, it was better than nothing. My first Frontier bill arrived, $168 to turn my service on including a recurring monthly phone bill of $68 ($38 more than original quote) plus taxes, about $85 total per month. I called support many times only to be told "that's the price in your area." I saw an email address online to contact the president of Frontier with any concerns, only to have him return a garbled message that I could not comprehend except for "Frontier." About three weeks into my Frontier service, I placed an order with another company for satellite dish internet and phone service for equal the amount ($85 monthly) that Frontier charged me for just phone service. After all was well, I immediately cancelled Frontier. I lost time and money but overall learned a costly lesson and found another company that works with me, not against me.
Review
Service
Frontier Communications Digital Phone Service
Cons
  • Price and service quotes not true
Reason of review