Class action lawsuit against Frontier communications and Verizon Fios

1311 of 1748 Frontier Communications reviews

April 1 st Verizon transferred to Frontier Internet, TV, On Demand, and voice or phone.

I lost my Video on demand and $830.00 dollars of movies I purchased thru verizon. I lost my 75/75 internet speed connection. I have called 6 times since 1:00 am 4-1-2016 and talked to customer service agents, supervisors, and tech support. The standard answer is we are in transition and it should be up in 12 hours, 24 hours, and now they say 4 to five business days.

I had thru verizon 75 up and 75 down internet and now get 20 up and 28 down thru frontier. I lost over $830.00 of paid for movies and 42.00 of pre-orders.

I informed Frontier to credit my account and was told they cannot. I told frontier I wanted to cancel service and got hung up on 2 times. I was told by frontier that I would have to pay a $200.00 cancellation fee. I told them I was starting a class action suit and was hung up on again.

Contact: whitnyrussell@verizon.net if you wish to join class action sit and put in the subject line Frontier Verizon Class action so I can send to the lawyers.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 38 Yes 38
1311 of 1748 Frontier Communications reviews
Randyincharge

Feb 21 #1291798 Plano, Texas, United States

I'll join as well. My wife and I have been trying to deal with their bad service for months now. We were told we could not be released from our contract even though we had no TV and very poor internet connections We sent their equipment back to them in November 2016 and I just got a bill today, Feb 2017 for $996.07.

Disgruntled Customer

Feb 09 #1284113 Schenectady, New York, United States

I have a 2nd home in Florida that is not used very often and have been trying to cancel the Frontier service for months. Have spent many hours on the phone with this crooked company and they are still charging me after discontinuing service months ago. I was already looking into a class action lawsuit and would certainly be willing to join this one.

Feb 07 #1283026 Ithaca, New York, United States

My elderly parents phone service went out today February 7th, 2017. They called Frontier from a neighbors phone and the person at the call center said that it would not be fixed until possibly the 20th of February!!!! That is horrible!!! How about prorating their bill for those 13 days or more that they will be with out service!!! This is ridiculous!!

Feb 02 #1280525 Glen Allen, Virginia, United States

Providers were switched without proper notice.
Billing system failures resulted in days of outages, which meant a loss of income.
Speeds are not what were advertised/contractually agreed upon.
Godspeed, lawyers.

2 0 Reply

Feb 02 #1280175 Sylva, North Carolina, United States

Frontier has been nothing but a hassle since we transfered service into our name from landlords name. First off, the guy who came out was rude and nasty and didnt.connect our service correctly. When we called to see what was wrong we asked them NOT to sent the same guy and guess who shows... and still didn't fix it... he didn't want to. So we had to wait for another tech who got it right. All this while the bill is so far off from what was promised.
They are still trying to fix bill in February and we had it connected in what was supposed to be October .... didn't actually get done until November. Customer service is horrible. And this is the only company in rural North Carolina.

Janice Kolb

Feb 01 #1279478 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

The people in Comanche texas would love to jion your lawsuit.Verizon was our provider then they went to frontier.I pay for high speed internet 5-7 mbps but only recive less than one mbps can't laod anything.Called them and they tell me they don't service our area.Funny because I have had them as my provider for years.Some people in this town just suddenly quit getting any internet because its just to slow.I pay for high speed i expect to get it.Also they are the only provider in this town so we cannot go to someone elese.

Jan 18 #1272691 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

To both post about on board...they give the wrong location...reposting....to give the right location. If by chance they list Canada again, that is incorrect! California here!

Jan 18 #1272685 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

whitnyrussell@verizon.net, sent you an email regarding the Class Action. I do believe we have enough individuals to start one at this point! Please contact with the email I sent privately. We need to do this. Verizon left me high and dry without any notification, hearing same in TX. CA., and FL. Frontier does nothing but steal, lie, and cheat, failing to mention not honoring my Verizon contract or letting out of my contract!!

Keanyn

Jan 17 #1272372 Chino, California, United States

frontier every month for the last 8 month for incorrect bills amounts, each time they tell me they will correct credit my bills to the agreed amount but not back dating to when I started service with them my bills were to be 210.00 per month with taxes. But each month I receive a bill ranginging from 365.00 try 425.00 per month.
Each month I would call them and spend 120- 150 min. From hold to I'm working on it and some times to be hung up on and having to start the process all over again,the first few months I gave frontier the benefit of the doubt that they were slow and getting set up on the west coast, so each month I would pay what I was told the Bill should be, this went on for over7 months . I continued to try and work with them till on Dec 18, 2016 they disconnected my services, I quickly called them and spoke to there collections department who were also as confused as I was with the bills and credits they owed me, collections contacted the billing department also confused (this phone call lasted 2 hours) so collections and billing said I needed to pay 425.00 to have services turned back on vs the 1069.00 they were trying to bill me for, ( billing also agreed that the one thousand amount was very wrong and Gould see the credits waiting for management approval) so I paid the amount they said to get services back on and was told it takes 24 hours to reinstate ( this was 5:15 am pacific ) so 27 hours went by and service was still not on I then called again,
... Show more

Jan 18 #1272982 Horsham, Pennsylvania, United States

I am having the same issues with them now. They charged me for two full months and claimed it was prorated charges. I have filed a complaint with the FCC do to the issues with billing. Maybe that will help my situation because right now I still have services with them and they charged me an early termination fee because their agent stated my new contract to early.

GA

Feb 19 #1290775 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I'm in the same boat. I was a Version customer for many years, since before it was Verizon. I had the bundle for a price that was fixed very economical and when Frontier came, is been a terrible hassle. My package was for two years. To make it short, on Jan 6, I called them to fix the huge bill and requested to terminate my cable and just the internet and local telephone line without the features of caller ID etc. The internet was supposed to be economical according to my budget. 10/2 they said. They send the box to return the equipment with a prepaid USPS label. I already send it. Now, I have a bill that is four times higher the price we agreed, including a number order they gave me. I don't want to be so wordy as for what I see in the complaints, my case is just a mirror of their horrible service. Most definitively, will join a class action. It is been an agony to deal with representatives like a ping pong ball, for hours, disconnections, talking to several supervisors, but is just a zoo to rip off our money. They're a ***!

G.  Arevalo

Feb 19 #1290776 Menlo Park, California, United States

Correction, for GA. Is not Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Is Pomona California. Ga is for my name" G. Arevalo

Jan 16 #1271976 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

On board with the class action, have gone through do much since April 1st 2016! At my wits end! I've already commented here long ago, and things have yet to improve, in fact, they've got worse! Let's do this! I'm in CA. I hear CA, TX. and FL. got hit the worse; we didn't even receive notification and they have epically failed to honor the Verizon contract; yet raised all fees and won't let me out! CLASS ACTION!!

Jan 13 #1270229 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I upgraded my speed, and now I'm stuck to frontier for the next 2 years

Jan 11 #1269472 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I'm on with a frontier customer service rep. right now (1hr. 19min. and counting). I have been on the phone with them monthly since April due to billing issues which at this point I'm beginning to believe will remain unresolved through eternity. I have spent at least 20+ hours on the phone with them and my husband has spent a good 10 hrs. Every time, they send the billing adjustment request off to the approval department, but this department never approves and then never contacts us or documents the rationale for it. We only know that it wasn't approved each month when the bill comes in and not only is the original issue unresolved, but the past few months, they have also started to change us for local phone calls, even calls from the landline to my cell phone! Well, today the bill reads $760.61 when it should be $199.91...I just want to cry! I have now been on the phone for 1hr 40min only to find out that they need to talk to yet another department! I am so frustrated, and disappointed with the time that I've spent on the phone with them. I'm getting short with my husband and shooing my children out of the room so I can have a conversation that in the end, wont even matter! I'd wager that next months bill will still be screwed up (and not in my favor)! So, did somebody say, CLASS ACTION SUIT? Count us in!

Jan 11 #1269177 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

My DVR started to make a funny noise and lost all the recordings that were stored on it. I called Frontier and they said they would send a new one and I was to return the old one. The new one came and I returned the old one. The new DVR did not work. I called customer support three times for help and they had to send another box. In the mean time, the customer support person said, I notice you are calling from Florida. I think the billing department cane save you some money? I should have known. I was paying $265, they said I would drop to $254 but now I'm getting billed $ 377.99. This company sucks!! Unethical, cheating, incompetent, less than zero company I have ever dealt with. I'm in on a lawsuit.

Jan 09 #1268213 Carrollton, Texas, United States

I will gladly join a class action against them.
They somehow split my account into two separate accounts; began billing me for local calls which Frontier now claims are local long distance calls (NOT part of my agreement with Verizon); subsequently accidentally cancelled my internet, TV and phone services one by one as they tried unsuccessfully to get my billings straightened out for several months; promised me to credit me for when my services were not working, then took several months to work on approving the credits and eventually telling me the credits were being denied (but each time it takes a call of inquiry from me after another month goes by and another bill comes in).
Now, I've got almost 8 hours of my time invested in talking to them on the phone, being transferred, or waiting on hold for another person that I must talk to. I was even told by one supervisor that she didn't have a supervisor I could talk to. I guess I was talking to the COO or CEO at that point.

Nance

Jan 08 #1267747 Portland, Oregon, United States

This is very typical. I was satisfied with Verizon services but not with Frontier. Everything is messed up. The services go down and it will take 5 days to fix them. After the call, they argue that the system went down as a result of what we did.

Jan 07 #1267203 Cathedral City, California, United States

What do I do? I cancelled my service May 2016. They continued to charge me through June 2016. I was a Verizon Fios customer for YEARS (15+) and it took 3 MONTHS to finally get some help (online) for my terrible service and at that time I was told that I could close my account without ETF. I did and they kept billing me through June. I have screen shots of the conversation with the frontier rep that would not supply me with a name or rep number. I have sent in to them all of my information, dates of conversations, screen shots of closed order number and conversation with Frontier rep MULTIPLE TIMES and in December they hit me with a charge off on my credit. I don't know what to do or where to go. I know that they will keep doing this until I finally pay the $427. But now they have screwed up my credit. HELP!

1-20 of 164 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.