Class action lawsuit against Frontier communications and Verizon Fios

1234 of 1671 Frontier Communications reviews

April 1 st Verizon transferred to Frontier Internet, TV, On Demand, and voice or phone.

I lost my Video on demand and $830.00 dollars of movies I purchased thru verizon. I lost my 75/75 internet speed connection. I have called 6 times since 1:00 am 4-1-2016 and talked to customer service agents, supervisors, and tech support. The standard answer is we are in transition and it should be up in 12 hours, 24 hours, and now they say 4 to five business days.

I had thru verizon 75 up and 75 down internet and now get 20 up and 28 down thru frontier. I lost over $830.00 of paid for movies and 42.00 of pre-orders.

I informed Frontier to credit my account and was told they cannot. I told frontier I wanted to cancel service and got hung up on 2 times. I was told by frontier that I would have to pay a $200.00 cancellation fee. I told them I was starting a class action suit and was hung up on again.

Contact: whitnyrussell@verizon.net if you wish to join class action sit and put in the subject line Frontier Verizon Class action so I can send to the lawyers.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 33 Yes 33
1234 of 1671 Frontier Communications reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

1 day ago #1272691 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

To both post about on board...they give the wrong location...reposting....to give the right location. If by chance they list Canada again, that is incorrect! California here!

1 day ago #1272685 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

whitnyrussell@verizon.net, sent you an email regarding the Class Action. I do believe we have enough individuals to start one at this point! Please contact with the email I sent privately. We need to do this. Verizon left me high and dry without any notification, hearing same in TX. CA., and FL. Frontier does nothing but steal, lie, and cheat, failing to mention not honoring my Verizon contract or letting out of my contract!!

Keanyn

2 days ago #1272372 Chino, California, United States

frontier every month for the last 8 month for incorrect bills amounts, each time they tell me they will correct credit my bills to the agreed amount but not back dating to when I started service with them my bills were to be 210.00 per month with taxes. But each month I receive a bill ranginging from 365.00 try 425.00 per month.
Each month I would call them and spend 120- 150 min. From hold to I'm working on it and some times to be hung up on and having to start the process all over again,the first few months I gave frontier the benefit of the doubt that they were slow and getting set up on the west coast, so each month I would pay what I was told the Bill should be, this went on for over7 months . I continued to try and work with them till on Dec 18, 2016 they disconnected my services, I quickly called them and spoke to there collections department who were also as confused as I was with the bills and credits they owed me, collections contacted the billing department also confused (this phone call lasted 2 hours) so collections and billing said I needed to pay 425.00 to have services turned back on vs the 1069.00 they were trying to bill me for, ( billing also agreed that the one thousand amount was very wrong and Gould see the credits waiting for management approval) so I paid the amount they said to get services back on and was told it takes 24 hours to reinstate ( this was 5:15 am pacific ) so 27 hours went by and service was still not on I then called again,
... Show more

1 day ago #1272982 Horsham, Pennsylvania, United States

I am having the same issues with them now. They charged me for two full months and claimed it was prorated charges. I have filed a complaint with the FCC do to the issues with billing. Maybe that will help my situation because right now I still have services with them and they charged me an early termination fee because their agent stated my new contract to early.

Jan 16 #1271976 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

On board with the class action, have gone through do much since April 1st 2016! At my wits end! I've already commented here long ago, and things have yet to improve, in fact, they've got worse! Let's do this! I'm in CA. I hear CA, TX. and FL. got hit the worse; we didn't even receive notification and they have epically failed to honor the Verizon contract; yet raised all fees and won't let me out! CLASS ACTION!!

Jan 13 #1270229 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I upgraded my speed, and now I'm stuck to frontier for the next 2 years

Jan 11 #1269472 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I'm on with a frontier customer service rep. right now (1hr. 19min. and counting). I have been on the phone with them monthly since April due to billing issues which at this point I'm beginning to believe will remain unresolved through eternity. I have spent at least 20+ hours on the phone with them and my husband has spent a good 10 hrs. Every time, they send the billing adjustment request off to the approval department, but this department never approves and then never contacts us or documents the rationale for it. We only know that it wasn't approved each month when the bill comes in and not only is the original issue unresolved, but the past few months, they have also started to change us for local phone calls, even calls from the landline to my cell phone! Well, today the bill reads $760.61 when it should be $199.91...I just want to cry! I have now been on the phone for 1hr 40min only to find out that they need to talk to yet another department! I am so frustrated, and disappointed with the time that I've spent on the phone with them. I'm getting short with my husband and shooing my children out of the room so I can have a conversation that in the end, wont even matter! I'd wager that next months bill will still be screwed up (and not in my favor)! So, did somebody say, CLASS ACTION SUIT? Count us in!

Jan 11 #1269177 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

My DVR started to make a funny noise and lost all the recordings that were stored on it. I called Frontier and they said they would send a new one and I was to return the old one. The new one came and I returned the old one. The new DVR did not work. I called customer support three times for help and they had to send another box. In the mean time, the customer support person said, I notice you are calling from Florida. I think the billing department cane save you some money? I should have known. I was paying $265, they said I would drop to $254 but now I'm getting billed $ 377.99. This company sucks!! Unethical, cheating, incompetent, less than zero company I have ever dealt with. I'm in on a lawsuit.

Jan 09 #1268213 Carrollton, Texas, United States

I will gladly join a class action against them.
They somehow split my account into two separate accounts; began billing me for local calls which Frontier now claims are local long distance calls (NOT part of my agreement with Verizon); subsequently accidentally cancelled my internet, TV and phone services one by one as they tried unsuccessfully to get my billings straightened out for several months; promised me to credit me for when my services were not working, then took several months to work on approving the credits and eventually telling me the credits were being denied (but each time it takes a call of inquiry from me after another month goes by and another bill comes in).
Now, I've got almost 8 hours of my time invested in talking to them on the phone, being transferred, or waiting on hold for another person that I must talk to. I was even told by one supervisor that she didn't have a supervisor I could talk to. I guess I was talking to the COO or CEO at that point.

Nance

Jan 08 #1267747 Portland, Oregon, United States

This is very typical. I was satisfied with Verizon services but not with Frontier. Everything is messed up. The services go down and it will take 5 days to fix them. After the call, they argue that the system went down as a result of what we did.

Jan 07 #1267203 Cathedral City, California, United States

What do I do? I cancelled my service May 2016. They continued to charge me through June 2016. I was a Verizon Fios customer for YEARS (15+) and it took 3 MONTHS to finally get some help (online) for my terrible service and at that time I was told that I could close my account without ETF. I did and they kept billing me through June. I have screen shots of the conversation with the frontier rep that would not supply me with a name or rep number. I have sent in to them all of my information, dates of conversations, screen shots of closed order number and conversation with Frontier rep MULTIPLE TIMES and in December they hit me with a charge off on my credit. I don't know what to do or where to go. I know that they will keep doing this until I finally pay the $427. But now they have screwed up my credit. HELP!

Janice Crawford

Jan 06 #1266844 Crested Butte, Colorado, United States

I have a dispute with Frontier and their internet where they did an authorized disconnect of my non-delinquent Land Line - California life line Telephone . I also file a complaint with the FCC. On October 21, 2016 . Can you help me or guide me in the right direction . I'd like to sue Frontier . When they did this un authorized disconnect of my Landline - I couldn't talk with my children .

Dec 27, 2016 #1261711 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

After almost 6 months of being lied to by Frontier CS reps ("oh, we're sorry we're charging you extra for Starz, will give you monthly credits"), I finally got rid of the Cable and Phone portions of Frontier and went internet only, figuring "how could they screw that up?". Well, here's how: they turned off the phone and the internet, but are still billing me for it.

2 0 Reply

Dec 28, 2016 #1262227 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Same here, and they have billed us for services they did not provide for seven months! The actually said that in order for them to stop billing me for services they billed me that I had to pay them for those services they did not provide in order to make changes to my account. Otherwise they would continue to bill me.

Rick

Jan 08 #1267767

Identical issue. I returned my modem and bought my own. Now that I want discontinue the service, they say there is no record of the transaction.

0 0 Reply
Frontier can suck my cock

Dec 26, 2016 #1260845 Roubaix, Nord-Pas-De-Calais, France

Screw Frontier! They are a worthless, crooked, company. I never seen a place where you get tripled billed, and the service never works at all.

2 0 Reply

Dec 21, 2016 #1259007 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I would join in a heartbeat. Billing, lies, no service for 5 weeks when transferred from Verizon (screw them too).

3 0 Reply
aneidig

Dec 20, 2016 #1258651 College Station, Texas, United States

I want to join the class action lawsuit! I am having major issues with billing. I have been charged with services that I never asked for and when I call to cancel they tell me it's been cancel and my bill has been adjusted. Long story short...the adjustments are never approved. When I call to speak to a supervisor, they hang up on me.

4 0 Reply

1-20 of 156 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Frontier Communications. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Frontier Communications.
Filing a new complaint about
×