Frontier Communications - CRAPPY FRONTIER HIGH-SPEED INTERNET AND FREQUENT OUTAGES
After moving to Northern California, we agreed to a two-year promotional price of $29.99/mo (regular price is $34.99) for Simply Broadband Max "high-speed" internet service with Frontier September 2014.Throughout the time we've been with Frontier, we have experienced average speeds of about 1.5 mbps (not high-speed) and frequent outages, more recently for hours at a time about every other day.
We have spent HOURS at a time on the phone (had to drive several miles down the road to call, because our cell phone service depends on the internet via a micro-cell booster), and on chat sessions. Not only is our service not getting better, it's getting WORSE! So when the internet's down, so is our phone service. Last month we negotiated a lower price of $19.99/mo because of the horrible service, and this month when our bill showed up, they had RAISED our rate to $34.99/mo, $5.00 higher than the promo price (we're still less than two years into our plan).
It's common knowledge in our area that Frontier utilizes caps and rolling blackouts (we have seen a pattern in times of outages). WE ARE MAD AS ***, and want Frontier to know that many other in our community are experiencing the same thing and there is talk of a lawsuit. You have been taking our money, and continuing to add new customers. It's time for you to step up NOW and upgrade equipment to provide the service that you promised us.
Below is a photo of a speed test that's pretty normal for what we get. This is NOT high-speed. Your practices are fraudulent and dishonest.
We are paying for 24/7 high-speed internet and getting neither.Now do what is necessary to provide it!!!
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Frequent outages
- Low internet speeds
- Long hold times on cs calls
- Raising price above promo price while still on plan
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Frontier Simply Broadband Max High Speed Internet
- Frontier Communications Simply Broadband Max Internet Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Our FIOS TV, Internet & On Demand have NOT WORKED since April 1st switch over from Verizon to Frontier. I've spent hours on the support hotline. I had two trouble..."
- "Having worked for nine years and had Frontier service as long. They have Tech's that will add services to your billing and until you discover it they won't return any..."
- "I signed up Aug 3 for basic cable for 3 TVs with one expansion level of channels (no movies), internet and landline phone - a triple play. The..."
- "Ordered three jackets from rosegal.com and two were delivered, still waiting on the third. The quality is mind-blowingly horrible, and the fabric is atrocious. The jackets even SMELL carcinogenic. The..."
- "I posted a blog post on ISIS-Comesuticals' blog asking about one of their 4 fl oz products that have suddenly been pulled off the market, and I was surprised to..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "Avoid this "storage bed" which lacks storage - Junk! This was one of the most disappointing furniture purchases we ever made. From the pictures and the descriptions, we expected a..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."
- "IHole in One International had such bad reviews BBB Bad reviews many of them I considered doing work with hole in one international and looked into their background and i..."