Frontier Communications - CRAPPY FRONTIER HIGH-SPEED INTERNET AND FREQUENT OUTAGES
After moving to Northern California, we agreed to a two-year promotional price of $29.99/mo (regular price is $34.99) for Simply Broadband Max "high-speed" internet service with Frontier September 2014.Throughout the time we've been with Frontier, we have experienced average speeds of about 1.5 mbps (not high-speed) and frequent outages, more recently for hours at a time about every other day.
We have spent HOURS at a time on the phone (had to drive several miles down the road to call, because our cell phone service depends on the internet via a micro-cell booster), and on chat sessions. Not only is our service not getting better, it's getting WORSE! So when the internet's down, so is our phone service. Last month we negotiated a lower price of $19.99/mo because of the horrible service, and this month when our bill showed up, they had RAISED our rate to $34.99/mo, $5.00 higher than the promo price (we're still less than two years into our plan).
It's common knowledge in our area that Frontier utilizes caps and rolling blackouts (we have seen a pattern in times of outages). WE ARE MAD AS ***, and want Frontier to know that many other in our community are experiencing the same thing and there is talk of a lawsuit. You have been taking our money, and continuing to add new customers. It's time for you to step up NOW and upgrade equipment to provide the service that you promised us.
Below is a photo of a speed test that's pretty normal for what we get. This is NOT high-speed. Your practices are fraudulent and dishonest.
We are paying for 24/7 high-speed internet and getting neither.Now do what is necessary to provide it!!!
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Frequent outages
- Low internet speeds
- Long hold times on cs calls
- Raising price above promo price while still on plan
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Frontier Simply Broadband Max High Speed Internet
- Frontier Communications Simply Broadband Max Internet Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I signed up Aug 3 for basic cable for 3 TVs with one expansion level of channels (no movies), internet and landline phone - a triple play. The..."
- "This is the most awful company I have had to deal with. A class action lawsuit will come, and I want to be part of it. I disconnected my phone. It..."
- "Do yourself a favor and don't have anything to do with these scammers - Jani Ghaffor AKA Jani GMoney AKA Jani G/Chuck Sterling/Digital River Inc/SWREG/CardQuery/PinYourIncome/Pin Cyclone.In researching ways to profit..."
- "Ordered three jackets from rosegal.com and two were delivered, still waiting on the third. The quality is mind-blowingly horrible, and the fabric is atrocious. The jackets even SMELL carcinogenic. The..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "Airbnb is in the middle of a security crisis they have been "hacked" from. Airbnb's "Trust and Safety Team", is swamped with listings that have been high-jacked. I am host..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."
- "It always interesting how all the review sites show either unhappy customers or happy customers. Come on people, when you process thousands of orders, not all transactions will go..."