Frontier Communications - CRAPPY FRONTIER HIGH-SPEED INTERNET AND FREQUENT OUTAGES
After moving to Northern California, we agreed to a two-year promotional price of $29.99/mo (regular price is $34.99) for Simply Broadband Max "high-speed" internet service with Frontier September 2014.Throughout the time we've been with Frontier, we have experienced average speeds of about 1.5 mbps (not high-speed) and frequent outages, more recently for hours at a time about every other day.
We have spent HOURS at a time on the phone (had to drive several miles down the road to call, because our cell phone service depends on the internet via a micro-cell booster), and on chat sessions. Not only is our service not getting better, it's getting WORSE! So when the internet's down, so is our phone service. Last month we negotiated a lower price of $19.99/mo because of the horrible service, and this month when our bill showed up, they had RAISED our rate to $34.99/mo, $5.00 higher than the promo price (we're still less than two years into our plan).
It's common knowledge in our area that Frontier utilizes caps and rolling blackouts (we have seen a pattern in times of outages). WE ARE MAD AS ***, and want Frontier to know that many other in our community are experiencing the same thing and there is talk of a lawsuit. You have been taking our money, and continuing to add new customers. It's time for you to step up NOW and upgrade equipment to provide the service that you promised us.
Below is a photo of a speed test that's pretty normal for what we get. This is NOT high-speed. Your practices are fraudulent and dishonest.
We are paying for 24/7 high-speed internet and getting neither.Now do what is necessary to provide it!!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Frequent outages
- Low internet speeds
- Long hold times on cs calls
- Raising price above promo price while still on plan
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Frontier Simply Broadband Max High Speed Internet
- Frontier Communications Simply Broadband Max Internet Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Was a Florida Verizon customer. Internet is working properly, but no TV service and no information about my account on the Frontier web site. Attempt to connect to subscribed channels..."
- "This is the most awful company I have had to deal with. A class action lawsuit will come, and I want to be part of it. I disconnected my phone. It..."
- "Technician flooded my condo and 2 others, damaged 5 total. Stayed in 3 hotels for 42 days. Frontier's insurance "CNA"=rude, no sympathy, no empathy. Received money from MY renters insurance...."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "I'm not usually one to put businesses on blast on the internet BUT - Ridge Crossings Apartments is a joke of place to call a home, neighborhood, or property management..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "Ordered three jackets from rosegal.com and two were delivered, still waiting on the third. The quality is mind-blowingly horrible, and the fabric is atrocious. The jackets even SMELL carcinogenic. The..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."