I live in a rural area, and DSL equipment has been in the process of being installed in my area since April (2017) and it would be available in August. August came and I scheduled the install.

Everything went smoothly until the day that the tech came to install the DSL. I received a phone call saying it isn't available yet in my area, and he suggested waiting another month. September came and I scheduled again, and the same thing happened, and the tech said that the equipment hasn't been turned on yet, and he doesn't even have a key to the cabinets. (Frontier's site still shows DSL as available to my address.) I then called Frontier back to see specifically when I could get DSL.

they said they would investigate to see when it would happen and get back with me. Nobody ever called back. A couple of weeks later, I was driving and saw a tech working on the DSL equipment on the side of the street, and I spoke with him, and he told me that it should be available the fourth quarter of 2017. I called again in November to see specifically when I could get DSL, like before, and again, nobody got back with me.

Here we are at the end of December, and I called AGAIN to specifically see when I could get DSL. After a very frustrating 45 minutes on the phone with a customer service rep, I was told to call my local Verizon retail store. Right.

A minimum wage retail store worker 75 miles away will know when I can get DSL? At that point, I just gave up.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments