2.7
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Jul 31

Called on the 23rd and spoke with 2 people, *** at first and then with Jerrica.*** said that I had a 2 year contract.

I asked if there was anyone else I can speak 2 and was patched to Jerrica who, after talking for about 10 minutes, came back and said that "Yes, there was a promotion on May 1 that had no contract for new customers." She said that there was no early termination fee or contract on our account. I was happy to hear that and was going to continue my service with them since the price was still reasonable.

Fast forward a week and I call back inquiring about a price for Internet and home phone only to be told, again, that I was under contract and would face a ETF! Plus, there was no logged information from Jerrica about our conversation, so in other words it didn't happen.

I contacted them today to cancel my service using the chat feature so that all text was logged and saved on my end.

I will pay the $169 early termination fee, will never again do business with Frontier Communications, and will tell everyone who will listen to also not do business with them. I found out that the same thing happened to a few of my friends and they also cancelled and paid an ETF, though at close to $400.

Live and learn. Get everything in writing, people.

It seems that they are perfectly fine with allowing their employees to say whatever they want to make a sale, but not live up to the services and/or agreed upon terms. Or not agreed upon terms on my part. I said "no contract" and he said "no, sir, there's no contract".

I would love to give feedback and take a survey with them, but that's never going to happen because they don't want to hear what I have to say.

I will be keeping an eye out for any class action lawsuits against them.

Original review posted by user Jul 19

Called Frontier on May 1, 2017 to see what they had to offer and was given a price quote for service that included a bundled TV/Internet/Home phone.I asked multiple times if the price locked me into a 2 year agreement and was told that their promo for new customers didn't have a 2 year contract.

The first bill came with an incorrect amount with about $100 over quoted price. I called and they fixed that along with adding movie channels that I was quoted as being included free for new customers. I had 3 very positive calls with customer service in the first month. Last night I called inquiring about possible change of service and was told that I was locked into a 2 year agreement and would face a penalty if service was changed or cancelled.

The call started off quite positive until the mention of the fee and I asked her to check my account, that I had never agreed to a contract. She confirmed that yes, I was locked into a 2 year contract. Suffice to say, that I am not at all happy with this. I was told repeatedly that I wasn't signing on with a contract, which ended up being the main reason that we started service with Frontier.

Before I found out about the contract, I would have (and did) recommend service with them, but I no longer will. I will attempt to call one last time and speak with a manager and see if we can resolve this. I would keep Frontier if they dropped the ETF/contract, but since they forced me into one, I cannot see myself feeling secure about keeping the service.

I tend to keep notes when I talk so I can compare prices, so I'm attaching my notes from the initial conversation.The crossed out section was what I was quote for Internet + phone, but I decided to wait and call back later, which I did, and of course blurred out personal info is necessary on internet uploads.

Review about: Frontier Communications Bundle.

Reason of review: Was told no contract only to find that I'm in one that I didn't agree to..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Fast install, Tech support fast.

I didn't like: Locked into a 2 year contract after being told there was none, 1st bill was much higher than quoted, On demand sometimes pixilated.

Had an Experience with Frontier Communications?

Comments