11.6K views

I have called frontier over and over again and they are not fixing this issue that I am having. I did a little research and it seems that a lot of people are having this issue.

When I first got with frontier I did not have any issues with them and my internet did not drop or disconnect. I depend on the internet due to the fact I am a student, an online student at that. I am also a huge online gamer on my free time so with that being said I really depend on the internet. I am paying $32.00 a month for internet that doesn't even work.

I would love to be able to switch over to a different company such as Charter but cant due to the fact that my roommate that I live with has charter cable tv and charter does not allow 2 different accounts in one house hold which really sucks. I called frontier with preexisting issues and they still send techs out and they say everything is working fine but why does the net keep dropping? their answer "We have such a high demand and people are connected through the same line in your area and when they get home from work and turn on netflix or 360s it will cause me to get disconnected. they know of this problem and do not know when or how long in the future it will get fixed." So here is my question why do people who watch netflix and play xbox get an advantage over the internet and I get the short end of the stick because I never get to use it due to the fact I am always dropping internet connection every 5 seconds?

I call and asked for a supervisor to see if I can maybe get them to do something and the lady I spoke with told me the supervisor was not available on the floor but she would have them call me back when one was available well guess what, I waited and waited all day and still no phone call. its been 3 days and my net is crappy.

I am fixing to just cancel my internet. I do not recommend this company to anyone and they have poor customer service and it seems their supervisors do not care either.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Fact they are a local company.

I didn't like: False representation, Horrible customer service, Poor service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 26, 2015.

Comments

I totally agree. Frontier worked fine for the first two weeks and since then it drops constantly.

I call every day and they have me do something here and there on my laptop, a service tech was out for 2 hours, provided a new modem/router combination (that may be the issue?) and I've spent hours on the phone with techs and the service still drops. I'm going back to Spectrum and as a NEW customer, I'm available for their lower rates (at least for a year).

I totally agree with these comments. I switched to Frontier to save money.

However the aggravation of my internet dropping isn't worth the $25 savings. I can't even download updates without the service dropping. I keep calling, they do tweaks or have me do stuff via ethernet then back to the same *** Tech was out today for 2 hours and replaced my modem/router combination. I'm wondering if that's the problem?

He changed out my wall plug when the phone line comes in. I

This just started happening to my internet connection. Every afternoon I have no internet.

Then it “fixes” itself overnight, when I don’t manually reset (what a pain to have to go upstairs and unplug modem). I’m investing in a Bluetooth outlet -since the WiFi ones won’t work.

Then I can “unplug” from my phone. I’m hoping this will help.

Always goes down every 2 seconds, It seems to happen when i have 4+ things running using wifi, It's really *** me off.

Internet drops daily, every day!!

Having the same issues, dropping out every 5 seconds.

Same problem. Never know when I can connect to the internet. Frontier keeps coming out and "fixing" but the same problem exists.

I started with Frontier about 4 or 5 months ago. Worked good until recently and now the Wi-Fi restarts 3-5 times per hour

Frontier internet service is by far the WORST internet service I have EVER had!

Can’t even play a freaking game of rainbow six siege without being kicked

I am having the same problems with my Frontier Internet , I like to play my XBox on my off time and can't play one while game of call of duty because my poor internet keeps dropping in and out so my game lags ALLLL DAAYYY LONG!!! Have you been able to find a fix??

If so PLEASE HELP!! I have rebooted over and over still with no success and when I try to do a speed test when its working I have Download speeds of 10 Mbps and upload of 1mbps but 30 seconds later I try to retest it say "NETWORK COMMUNICATION ERROR, CANNOT CONNECT".. I absolutely HATE FRONTIER INTERNET SERVICE AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

You call then and they are ignorant so I know its not even worth my time to try again so I'm hoping someone can help me with a quick fix.. Any help would be Greatly Appreciated!!!

I am in the same situation, I need it for school and I play online games as well. I am constantly kicked out of my gaming sessions and my homework doesn't save and I lose all my work; I have missed assignments because of this ***. I've have had people out(they gave the box outside a kick and left), new routers, hours on the phone and still nothing but worthless slow internet.

I've had for 4-5 Yes now & every weekend it drops signal when our guests are using!! $85/month to have phone & DSL when DSL doesn't work & Frontier knows it is called stealing in my book. Perhaps it's time to go back to Hughesnet but outside the country customer service us just as bad!

This company should refund a percentage amount of money to the customers that are effected.

Somebody Out There I Would Like My Preloaded Stuff Put Back On MY Computer.

Grand Ledge, Michigan, United States #1309356

I am having the same exact issue with dropped connection!! I have 4 scheduled appountments to have them come out but always get a no show!!

Got the same line on the supervisor call back. I am looking into someone different as Frontier is not any good!!

Coal Mountain, West Virginia, United States #1293386

I have the same problems you have and received the exact nasty service you have right here in WV. I was paying $34.99 per month but they even raised that to $49.99 and still no internet.

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States #1238342

I think dial up has better service than frontier

Elkhart, Indiana, United States #1216555

Some time periods, I have stable internet which little to no problems at all. Recently, I've been having the same constant problems.

On the 17th of September, I've had roughly an hour and a half period where I had no service.

My neighbor who also as Frontier internet was still stable.

Since then, I've been making a list of when I lose any sort of service, including the little hiccups.

I'm not going to call their support because not only is it not helpful and time consuming, but half the time my representative is so southern I can't understand them over the phone. Instead, I plan on taking said list to one of their nearby offices, at least there I can understand the person.

Greenwood, Missouri, United States #1209733

I agree, worse internet ever. The day we got our service active we have had nothing but problems.

The first month our internet worked for less than a week. Now we have been with them for almost a year and have only had working internet for 1/2 the time. Techs tell us sorry your line is overloaded with customers and the wiring is still the old school style. Well how about you guys fix this issue instead of collecting everyones money for a service that isnt reliable or in working order!!!!

So sick of this company and poor customer service... let's protest these money monkeys until we get working service e for at least a month straight!!!!