I am paying for 6 mbs service, not very fast, but Frontier has capped my speed at 3 mbs because I am in "high traffic area". I live in the country.

Neighbor 1/2 mile away get 10 mbs service. I have been capped since i discounted my Frontier land line.

Location: Pullman, Michigan

Comments

Hello PissedConsumer2062109, It sounds like your neighbor may be closer to the central office where the service is generated from. I know a half a mile doesn't sound like a long distance by car, or even by foot, but that is a significant distance as far as the lines go.

Particularly if you consider that the line itself is likely much longer than that, based on zig-zagging underground in conduits, or across poles, and the length of that line can affect speed. The farther you are from the office, the more impacts you will feel. If you are having trouble with the service, we can take a look. Please message us directly for further assistance.

We are available 24/7 via Facebook (http://m.me/frontiercorp) and via the message option on our Twitter profile (https://twitter.com/askfrontier). -Christina

Frontier Communications Reviews