Prior to today, I had Frontier satellite internet/land line and recently upgraded to broadband with another carrier and wanted to disconnect the land line, as well. My 2 year internet "contract" renews/expires in 10 days and was informed by customer service that, regardless of whether I cancel today or on the contract date, there would be a $400 early termination fee applied!

My response to customer service was that, why even put a contract in place if it's for eternity. After a lot of *** raising, the rep. put me on hold and later came back with the offer that, if I left the landline intact, the $400 fee would be waived.

This is nothing less than extortion and it's no wonder Frontier's stock price is a little over $2.00 a share. This company is folding like a cheap umbrella and it's stupidity was apparent when it purchased a dying landline business from Verizon (in 14 states)

Product or Service Mentioned: Frontier Communications Internet Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Termination fee.

Comments

LIVE IN NORTH WEST JEFFERSON COUNTY,IL FRONTIER IS HORRIBLE IT IS OFF ABOUT 40 PERCENT OF THE TIME WHEN CALLING THEIR RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND STAYING ON THE LINE FOR 45 MINUTES STILL NO RESULTS THEN WAIT 8-10 DAYS FOR TECHNICIAN TO TELL CUSTOMER FRONTIERS LINE (INFRASTRUCTURE) ALL NEEDS UPGRADED BUT ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN