1.7

I had previously had an excellent experience with Frontier's customer service.Just last week I was telling coworkers about them.

This week I had to retract it all. Thursday at 10am my FiOS service went down. I did all the usual troubleshooting stuff plus a bunch more and the issue was clearly that the fiber line was down (no transport light on the ONT, router failing to connect PPPoE). At 2pm since it hadn't come back to life I called support.

30 minutes on hold got me to an agent who, for lack of a better way to put this, knew absolutely nothing about the service she was there to support. This agent would ask things like "what error message does your computer say? [sic]" and then get frustrated with me when I asked "which computer? I have a wireless mac and a wired windows machine I could check".

She was going to hand me off to a tech person but instead just kept coming back every few minutes to ask another question then get pissed off and put me back on hold, repeatedly. At one point she asked me "what do you get when you ping 8.8.8? [sic]". I knew that was supposed to be 8.8.8.8 and she wants to know if I can ping google's secondary public DNS server.

I could not ping it, told her so and she asked if I could ping my router. I told her the "router config page was up in my browser so yes, I can ping it" but pinged it manually anyway, just to humor her. It worked so she said "No, type windows key plus R then type C M D and press enter. Then type P I N G space and your router's IP address".

I replied that's exactly what I had done so she says, almost angrily, "Well did you do it with '-n 20' at the end?". I said I could run it in a 20 cycle loop but that wouldn't show anything new... yes, I can ping my router just fine. She nearly shouts, "Fine!" and put me back on hold.

She just wouldn't accept that the fiber was down and I needed a tech to come fix it. After over an hour of this she finally schedules a tech to come out... a week later. Yeah, their fiber line goes down and I have to wait a week to get it fixed?

Wtf? We called back the next day and got them to reschedule for the day after that. The tech never showed up after we waited from 9am to 5pm for the "appointment window". We called back and they promised to send the tech the next morning.

Again, they never showed. When we called back again (why do they never call us to say they won't make it?) we were told a tech could be out in 5 minutes or 5 days, they're backlogged, deal with it...

Really?Here's how I deal with it: I ordered Comcrap.

Review about: Frontier Communications Technical Support.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Failure to honor appointments, Tech support working from home -- background noise, Inept tech support.

Comments

FrontierComCares
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States #1268725
Frontier Communications Verified Representative

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear about the repeat missed appointments as that's not something we want to happen. I'd like to have those interactions reviewed and see what we can do on this end regarding the ongoing matters. Please reach out via email to askfrontier@ftr.com with the subject of ATTN Tim/Krystle so I can get my team involved right away.

~Tim