The mere fact that there are so many, many complaints speaks volumes. When I moved in with my 93 yr old mother to help her out, we switched from Frontier (phone service) to Spectrum (bundled phone, internet and cable).

Several - and I do mean several phone calls with Frontier to keep my mother's phone number followed. Fast forward to three weeks after the switch my mother received a bill for $234.74 "cancellation fee". NEVER ONCE were we told that Frontier would charge a cancellation fee. Several more phone calls to Frontier - basically said that we were informed (we certainly were NOT) - even once I was called a liar.

They could never prove that they told us that, stating that "it is stated on the monthly bill". "She doesn't receive bills in the mail, she's billed automatically from her checking account." "Well, then it's on the e-mailed bills." "She's 93 years old - she doesn't have a computer. Prove to me where those bills were being e-mailed to." "We can't - the account is now closed. We reported to BBB and Atty General's office - they forwarded our complaints to Frontier.

Long story short - they told us on 11/21 that the account was "resolved and closed". What they didn't tells us was that they had previously sent her matter to a collection agency!!! Try getting anything from a 93 yr old woman on a fixed income who owns no property. They make the rules up as they go.

THIS COMPANY HAS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST BUSINESS PRACTICE THAT I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. So very, very frustrating!!!

Review about: Frontier Communications Account.

Preferred solution: Cancel the charge completely.

I didn't like: Business practice, Customer service, Rudeness of employees, Fact that they lie.

Comments