Verified Reviewer

1.8

I spoke to a Frontier sales rep today and agreed to an Internet only plan for $27.99/mo. for 18 Mbps (new customer).

I was made aware of state taxes, installation and activation charges. I asked about other fees or surcharges that might show up on my bill. He assured me that there would be nothing else, so we set a date for installation for next month. Then, the emails started coming congratulating me for purchasing the Security Bundle, etc.

for $5.99/mo. that I did NOT authorize! I had a little over a 2-hour live chat with Mary Therese. She said the Security Bundle gets added automatically!

Frontier has their employees trained to skate around the topic of transparency in charges. I could not, for the life of me, get her to simply tell me what my monthly bill would definitely be AFTER taxes and fees, for the recurring charges. It was a practice in futility! I live in a small town with very few choices.

The other two ISPs require contracts and are more expensive. My husband and I live on SS, so we can't afford any nasty surprises. Mary first claimed that she could remove the charges, only to say later that the charge would appear on my first bill, then she could cancel it after that. I'm on the *** of canceling out completely and just make due with my unlimited mobile hot spot like we have for years.

The only problem with it is that Verizon gives us 15GB of high speed Internet (approx. 2 movies on Netflix use that up), then the Internet connection is really slow.

I need your help in my decision to either forge ahead, or cancel the order before Aug.

4th. Has Frontier gotten any better in 2020?

User's recommendation: Be very careful that Frontier doesn't add the Security Bundle if you don't want it. If we all demand transparency in charges, we can change the way ISPs do shady business practices and get by with it. They should not be able to do bait and switch!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Frontier Communications Pros: Most affordable price supposedly, No contract plans.

Frontier Communications Cons: Feeling helpless, Automatic add-ons without authorization, Trouble communicating.

Comments

Hello Kathie, I apologize for any miscommunication regarding the quote for your services. You should never be enrolled in any services that you are not aware of.

As far as a quote for the total after taxes, that is not something that we do. We do not have control of the rate of your state or local taxes, and those rates could change at any time. We can take a look at your pending order, and make sure it only includes the services that you would like to continue forward with.

To get started, please message us directly via Facebook (http://m.me/frontiercorp) or via the message option on our Twitter profile (https://twitter.com/askfrontier). -Christina

Frontier Communications Reviews