Resolved
Coverage Area

Update by user Jul 25

Frontier will supposedly credit our account on the next bill for the days of lost phone and internet service. Service was finally restored on 7/24/2018 around 3pm.

Update by user Jul 25

Spoke with a Billing Representative from Frontier Communications on 7/25/2018 at approximately 10:30amET. Was able to get Frontier to credit our account for 10 days of lost service (Approx.

$23). Will see if it indeed shows up on the next bill.

Update by user Jul 25

On 7/24/18 we still had no service at 8am. No call from Frontier to say if/when the repair would be made.

Got a robo call from Frontier at 11:26am where they left no message. I called them back and finallly was told that the problem with my service was in their cable and that we didn’t need to be at home for the repair. Frontier said the repair technician would be there on 7/24/18. At 1:14pm I received a call from the Frontier repair technician saying that he was on his way to our area to make the repair.

My husband reported that at approximately 2pm he noticed the Frontier technician working on our service. When he spoke to the technician he was told that the reason our service was out was because another installation technician had installed someone else’s service on top of our service which resulted in our being disconnected. What kind of lame technology/technician is this? By 3pm on 7/24/18 we had service restored.

The technician also informed us that he never received the repair ticket order/dispatch until 7/24/18. So for 10 days Frontier was lying to us that a service technician was coming to fix our service! Nice Customer Service. On 7/25/18 I checked the status of our trouble ticket online and discovered that Frontier closed the ticket as “completed” with the date of completion/closure listed as 7/13/18.

That is the same date the service went down - so according to their documentation we didn’t lose any days of service. It’s going to be interesting to see if I can get Frontier to reimburse/credit my account for the “real” 10 days of lost service! Corporate dishonesty, poor communication, poor customer service - what else can I say? Now I know that 10 days of lost service is worth only about $20 but it’s the principle of this company ripping off customers that needs to be addressed.

I guess until Frontier feels the pain in their wallets and shareholders drop their stock nothing will change. Yay greedy capitalists....Bet Frontier’s employees are well paid and happy with their jobs (sarcasm....).

Update by user Jul 23

As of 7/23/18 at 7:22am we still have no DSL service from Frontier Communications in Albany, OH. And we still have not received a call from them (obviously on our cell phone since our landline is out due to DSL loss) to confirm a repair/service time.

Monetary loss so far: $26.61. We were told to call Customer Service for a refund - ha, ha.

Update by user Jul 22

As of 7/21/18 at 4:11pm we still have no DSL phone/internet service. And no representative of Frontier Customer Service has called us with a service update.

No service technician has called us with an updated repair/service time. If you are looking at Frontier Communications as a possible service provider, please think again and look at other providers.

Unfortunately, those of us in rural America have once again been hung out to dry by corporations. We’re just not worth your effort are we?

Original review posted by user Jul 22

Lost complete DSL & landline 7/13/18. Was told we couldn’t get a technician out to service us until 7/21/18.

Technician never showed up, customer service lied and told us they had called us to tell us this and that technician would call us promptly with new repair date. It never happened. Frontier customer service is the worst we’ve ever experienced. They don’t deliver the service they claim and constantly have outages.

Loser company. As of 7/22/18 at 9:51am we still have no service and no technician has called to tell us when we will get a repair. I guess buying Verizon’s landlines got Verizon off the hook for maintaining/improving the infrastructure lines that Frontier now owns. What is Frontier doing with all the profits it makes from its customers?

How about hiring more service technicians? If I can possibly find another internet provider I will immediately drop Frontier.

Product or Service Mentioned: Frontier Communications Bundle.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Sales pitch sounded good - the reality is quite the opposite.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 22.

Comments

#1602083

I encourage anyone who is even thinking about using Frontier Communications to use whatever other service is available. They are the WORST in Cumberland County, and likely in the ENTIRE United States. They deserve to be put OUT of BUSINESS!!!

These sorry idiots have had me sitting here all day with no phone , no internet and no TV on the last day of The British Open. If it wasn't for cell phone would have to crawl to a neighbor if there was a medical emergency.

I am going back to xfinity.

This is the most ridiculous interruption of service I have ever dealt with in my 55 years of life. So over them.