94 views
Verified Reviewer

Resolved
3.5

Update by user May 25, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with settlement agreement. Frontier came through with flying colors, they did everything they could and made it right! I really appreciate them responding the way they did, it restores my faith that they care..

Original review posted by user May 22, 2021

I called to upgrade my internet service to 1 GIG, 5/4/21. The agent offered a deal of ~$100/mth with fees and taxes.

I accepted, was told my equipment was already upgraded to provide 1 gig service and no tech would be needed. My confirmation #7932****. Agent told me it would take 4 to 5 days to see the change. On 5/22/21 I hadn't seen any major increase, so I changed my cabling from Moca to Ethernet.

I called tech to switch to ONT, which they did. I saw a slight increase, but not much over 100. The tech looked into what was going on and transferred me to a sales agent. The sales agent proceeded to tell me the original agent from 5/4 was wrong and that the price would actually be $139/mth + $85 for a tech to come out.

Now I'm in a bind, I travel for work making it hard to schedule a tech, plus I outraged over the sudden bate-n-switch. This practice is grotesquely unethical and immoral. My equipment is the best they provide, my connection is fiber to Ethernet. There is nothing to check.

Let alone I made the order back on 5/4, and no one called me or did anything about it. Forcing me to call them and told the last agent was wrong; so there's no accountability, so what's to say the agent today was right. Frontier made a deal, and as far as I'm concerned they're in breach of contract. THEY NEED TO MAKE THIS RIGHT!!!!

They have recordings to prove what I'm saying is true. I'll be posting this on the BBB, consumer complaint and the public service commission and any other posting I can find.

This is fraud; to think I've been loyal for 12yrs, even when they sneak in an extra $10/mth. Buyer beware!!!get

User's recommendation: Get agreement in writing, with agent and confirmation number.

Product or Service Mentioned: Frontier Communications Simply Broadband Max Internet Plan.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Frontier Communications Pros: People are nice, Internet service is good, Tech support is good.

Frontier Communications Cons: Bait and switch with pricing, Very poor customer service, Will not follow up on confirmed deals, Will not honor confirmed deal from previously agents, Grotesquely unethical and immoral.

Comments

#2019176

Didn't like to hear how the customer's complaint was handled. I was not aware of any of the companies listed; however now I know I don't want to deal with them should the occasion arise.

#2016851

Hello Daniel, I apologize for any miscommunication about the upgrade. We can look into what happened with that initial quote, and help to get the tech visit situation sorted out.

While there are a few situations where an upgrade to the gig service does not need a tech out, normally a tech is required.

To get started on this for you, please message us directly via Facebook (http://m.me/frontiercorp) or via the message option on our Twitter profile (https://twitter.com/askfrontier). -Christina

#2016917
@FrontierCommunications

First, there was no miscommunication, the deal was perfectly clear, and the terms really didn't seem unreasonable or a mistake. Made by a representative of Frontier, charged with the ability to conduct such transactions.

By not honoring his transaction, you notify the legitimacy of every transaction Frontier makes. Second, a tech was out last year, he replaced everything outside and inside. Due to a problem with the internet. Basically installed the latest equipment Frontier has and confirmed signal back to the hub.

At the time he stated the transmission card at the hub needed to be upgraded. Which I'm assuming everything was recorded on your system, because the rep on 5/4 was able to tell me exactly what I had and when it was upgraded. Third, why does a tech need to check my inside equipment, when I literally can use the internet without the Frontier router. Fourth, I don't have Twitter or Facebook and feel that if Frontier was interested in addressing the problem they would contact me directly.

Fifth, I have already contacted the FCC and filed a formal complaint. Any delay on Frontier's part only makes Frontier look worse. In all, I've been very happy with the service and pricing. Honestly, your last agent destroyed 12 yrs worth of trust and loyalty.

Over an hour having a cordial conversation, she made no concession and told me if I wanted the service I would have to pay an additional $35/mth and $85 for a service tech, more than the May 4th deal. At this point it's the principle and standing for what's right. Why should I pay additional instalation costs and scheduling issues with another company. I'd rather bring civil and if possible criminal action to Frontier and force them to do the right thing.

Just to be clear, I never canceled the May 4th deal, your agent canceled it because I refused to accept the change in terms. Yet again, another act of deception!

Frontier Communications Reviews